Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice is issued by Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10 (“TII” or “we”). The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that is collected and used in connection with the issuance of Disability Exemption Discs or equivalent toll tags (the “Scheme”) and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) made of such data. The Scheme is intended to facilitate greater and more efficient access by disabled people
whom meet the required criteria, to toll roads in the State.
TII is the controller of such personal data. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10, Tel: +353 1 646 3600, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation of the Scheme
TII has engaged a third party operator based in Ireland, Egis Road & Tunnel Operation Ireland (ERTO), to operate the Scheme on behalf of TII and it will process your personal data only on the instructions of TII (the “Operator”). Generally, TII will not handle your personal data directly and does not collect any personal data about you itself, rather the Operator collects and processes your personal data. In limited circumstances, e.g. where you are exercising data protection rights with us, your personal data
may be processed directly by TII.
Personal Data that we Process
The Operator, on TII’s behalf, collects and processes the following personal data in relation to you in connection with the Scheme:
- Your contact details – e.g. your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.;
- Your vehicle details – toll tag account numbers, vehicle registration plates, information relating to the applicant’s vehicle modification and any existing/previous entitlement to disability card/pass or similar;
- Information relating to qualification for the Revenue Commissioners’ Drivers and Passengers with Disabilities Tax Relief Scheme (e.g. Vehicle Registration Certificate);
- Information relating to qualification of Northern Ireland registered vehicles for the purpose of identifying a specially adapted vehicle for the purposes of the applicable toll road bye-laws;
- Personal data relating to you in connection with contact with you via email, postal correspondence, conversations and telephone calls;
- Information relating to any customer complaint you make (and any appeal of that complaint); and
- Any other personal information that you have provided directly to us or the Operator.
You are not required to provide any information on your health or disability in order to apply for the Scheme and neither TII, nor the Operator on TII’s behalf, collect any personal data relating to your health or disability (except where you provide us with details of any such issues in communications with us or the Operator).
You are not under any statutory or contractual requirement to provide any of the above personal data, however you will not be able to benefit from the Scheme where you do not provide the information indicated as being required by the Scheme application form.
The Operator, on TII’s behalf, collects the data described above directly from you (e.g. in the application form for participation in the Scheme). In addition to this, the Operator, on TII’s behalf, receives or collects information about you from the following third party sources:
- The Irish Wheelchair Association and the Disability Driver Association;
- The Revenue Commissioners;
- Toll companies and the Interoperability Management Service Provider;
- Third party Automotive Data Suppliers; and
- Department of Transport National Vehicle Database File (NVDF) tion.
Automatically collected data – Scheme website
Like most operators of websites, the Operator, on TII’s behalf, gathers statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. The information collected cannot be used by us to identify or contact you. This includes demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website. For information about the cookies we use to collect some of this information, please see our cookies policy here.
Recipients of Data
The Operator, on TII’s behalf, may disclose your personal data to various recipients in connection with the above purposes, including to:
- Third parties who are engaged by TII to provide services to us in connection with the Scheme, such as the Operator, professional advisers, auditors, automotive data suppliers and other outsourced service providers;
- The Irish Wheelchair Association / Disability Driver Association;
- Toll companies and the Interoperability Management Service Provider; and
- Appropriate public authorities and bodies (such as the Revenue Commissioners) as requested or required by law.
Your personal data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
The Operator, on TII’s behalf, will retain your personal data for a period of three years from the date of application for a Scheme disc (to accommodate the two year expiry period for the disc and an additional year to facilitate ease of renewal and query response for Scheme users if not re-applied for within the two year period).
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- The right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another data controller.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer at, Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10, Tel: +353 1 646 3600, Email: email@example.com.
Please contact us at the following email address if your contact details change firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with the way we, or the Operator on our behalf, have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission.
Please see the Data Protection Commission’s website for further details.